Electronic Resource Consent System (eRCS®) is a fully integrated, online portal that enables all stakeholders to work collaboratively to process resource consents applications from any place at any time.
Customer facing front end where:
- Applicants can engage Agents online to prepare and submit applications on their behalf.
- All stakeholders can work collaboratively to:
- Schedule pre-application meetings online,
- Prepare and lodge resource consent applications online, and
- Share all supporting documents online.
- Applicants and agents can track status of their applications online.
Back office where Councils can:
- Respond to requests for pre-application meetings from Applicants and Agents.
- Receive, review and formally accept resource consent application for processing. to start
- Manage task, capture time and required costs.
- Assess applications to determine whether or not to grant consents.
Back office system where Councils can:
- Capture conditions of consents granted and monitor them online
- Keep record of actions taken with all supporting documents
- Allow all stakeholders to view status of conditions online.
Key Benefits Of eRCS®
Some key benefits of the system are:
- Reduces duplication of effort and achieves economies of scale (e.g. sharing information between stakeholders).
- Increases productivity and improves efficiency.
- Improves customer service.
- Improves communication and transparency.